Passionate about your Android Device? Do you like to customize your Android Device to get different look but how would it feel that despite of so many customization your status bar on default in Android 4.2+ is always black.No matter what app you run on your Android Device the status is always the same color and this can ruin your UI experience.Thanks to Xposed Framework,for developing a module called Tinted status bar.This module can get a transparent look to your status bar.It causes the status bar to match the color theme of each app,it incorporates color codes in order to blend with the application you use.This feature gets you an beautiful experience tints your status bar according to the activity running currently on your android Device.If somehow the app doesn’t auto detect the app then you can manually customize it to Tint the Status Bar on Android.Following is list of requirement which is necessary to Tint the Status Bar on Android.
1. Your Android device must be Rooted.For more detail visit How to Root Android Device
2.Install file from unknown source must be enabled.
If you already have both,then simply skip to step 3 to Tint the Status Bar on Android
Tint the Status Bar on Android:Step by Step Guide
Step 1.Root your Android Device
You can follow the link above to root your android device also make sure to back up your Android Device,just in case.
Step 2.Make sure to Enable “Unknown Sources”
For this Go to Settings>Security>Device Administration, and tick the box for“Unknown Sources”.This is necessary because we will be installing third-party applications not found on Google Play.
Step 3.Install Xposed Framework
- Download the latest version of the Xposed Installer on your device.Click here to download it.
- Install the Downloaded APK file.
- Tap on the app icon then go to Framework.Select Install/Update the framework if it is not up to date.
Step 4.Reboot your Android Device
Soft Reboot will also so the task.
Step 5. Download Tinted Status Bar Module
- Go to Download.It will be on the main screen of Xposed Framework.
- Scroll down till you find Tinted Status Bar Module and tap it.
- Tap Download and then tap Install after the download is finished.
Step 6. Activate Tinted Status Bar
Once the Installation is over.Go to app main screen and tap on Modules
- Tick the box against Tinted Status Bar.
- Go back and head to Framework
- Tap on Soft Reboot or Reboot.Your Android device will now Reboot.
Step 7. Configure the Module
Success!After reboot,check out your apps and you will see that the status bar change color according to the App you are running.
If for any reason the status bar doesn’t change color then don’t worry.You can do so manually.
Folow these steps
- Go to Tinted Status Bar Module in your app drawer.
- A list of app will be shown.select the app you want to configure.select All activities, below settings override this.
- Set the colors for the app from the given option of colors.
Thank’s for reading the article on “How to Tint the Status Bar on Android”.If you liked the article then please do share with your friends,colleagues,etc.Stay tuned for more exciting articles. 🙂