How To Root Xiaomi Redmi 2 Tutorial [Easiest Way] – Xiaomi redmi 2 is another high tech and cheap priced smartphone from the much acknowledged Mi to get the hold of Asian market with such a budget price for what the configuration is worth !Xiaomi redmi 2 is the second version of the Xiaomi redmi 1s which is still available at Flipkart.com and can be purchased from the flash sale .The Mobile is yet to released in India and probably you’ll have to encounter Flipkart yet again with their exclusive launch .
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi 2 Tutorial
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Specifications
- Only a single variant of the device is to be released on 24 March which has a 1Gb Of Ram and later a few devices will be presented that will have 2Gb of Ram Probably but then again it would be limited edition .
- Display – Capacitive touchscreen 4.70 Inches ,720 x 1280 Pixels ,16 M colours ,312 PPI .
- Processor – 1.2 Ghz Quad Core Qualcomm snapdragon 410
- Ram – 1Gb .
- Internal Memory – 8 Gb expendable upto 32 Gb with sd-card support .
- Camera – 8 MP Rear and 2MP front with rear flash .
- Android – V4.4 with MIUI 6 .
- Dual Sim (GSM + GSM)
- 4G LTE
|Wi-Fi standards supported||802.11 b/ g/ n|
|Charging via Micro-USB||Yes|
|Ambient light sensor||Yes|
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi 2 Tutorial [Easiest Way]- Full Guide
Note :- Any author or Admin of techchrist holds No responsibility for any kind of damage laid on to your device .Please proceed at your own risk .
Follow the steps very precisely to root your xiaomi redmi 2.
- Download Root bundle from the given link .
- Extract the bundle at any given location on your Pc .
- Install the device drivers on your pc .Double click on MiPhone20140509.exe to setup the device .
- Now go to the same extracted folder and hold shift key + Right click on any open space on the same folder and select Open command window here .This way cmd will read the content from the desired directory .
- Now on your device ,goto Settings and click 7 times on MIUI version in the about phone section ,this will unlock the developer mode in your Xiaomi Redmi 2.
- Goto Settings <<Additional Settings <<Developer Options and turn on USB debugging option if not turned On previously .
- Connect the device now using USB cable .
- Now type the following in the command prompt window .
- If everything goes right ,cmd will show the list of connected device in which your device will be highlighted .
- The task is not completed yet,follow the steps below to install a custom recovery into the device which will help you root the device easily .
Flash CWM Custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 2
Follow the steps to flash ClockWork Mod (Cwm custom recovery) on your xiaomi redmi 2
- Open the Cmd from the same folder by holding shift + right click on the open space and click on “open command window here ” as done in the procedure above .
- Now again connect the device using USB cable and into USB debugging mode and type the following command into the cmd panel .
adb reboot bootloader
- This command will reboot your device into fastboot mode .You can also do this without command ,just switch off your Xiaomi redmi 2 and hold the volume up and power key .Select the fastboot option from the flashed screen .
- So when your device is in fastboot mode ,type the following command in the command prompt or cmd .
fastboot flash recovery cwm.img
- Once the image is successfully flashed ,disconnect the device and reboot the device by plucking out and putting back the battery .
- Restart the device .Now the Cwm Recovery is successfully flashed into your xiaomi redmi 2 device .
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi 2 Tutorial
- Transfer the file named UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip to your device memory from the extracted bundle using USB cable .
- Now unplug the usb cable and switch off the device .
- Now hold the volume up and power key simultaneously until the screen flashes and select the recovery mode .
- Now you will enter into the CWM recovery that you have just installed in your device .
- select the “Install zip from sd card ” option .
Note :- Use volume up ,volume down and power key to navigate in the Recovery mode .
- Select the file UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip and select Yes .
- Congrats ,your device is now rooted,check for superSU in your app drawer ,If it is not present ,then probably you have done something wrong.Repeat the process ,If still not Rooted Try Kingoroot .
If you have any problem related to the topic “How To Root Xiaomi Redmi 2 Tutorial [Easiest Way]- Full Guide” ,Then comment below to let us know .
Thank You 🙂