Is your Computer free from Virus?What would your answer if the same question is asked to you?The most obvious and expected answer will be’Yes,I have an antivirus software installed on my computer and I update it regularly’.Before you think that your computer is well protected and free from virus let me tell you one think there are chances that a Malware or a Trojan or a Key Logger is being operated on your computer and causing damage to your personal data.This article will guide you to Identify Virus and Malware on Your Computer.
Before going further let us first have a brief discussion about Virus,Malware and Key logger.
Virus:-It is a program that is able to copy itself,execute instructions.Computer viruses affect security and causes harm to your computer.Viruses are of many types for example one type of virus is capable of transmitting itself across networks and bypass security systems.
Malware:-It is the short form of malicious software.These are software programs created intentionally to damage or do other unwanted actions on a computer.Malware is a collective word used to refer viruses,worms,trojan horses and spyware.
Key logger:-These are spying software/spyware.They have a capability of recording keystrokes,instant messages, e-mail, and any information you type at any time using your keyboard also some keylogger provide an option of taking screenshot of screen at regular interval of time.
How To Identify Virus and Malware on Your Computer
If your computer is affected by any malware there will be some symptoms that your computer will show.Here is a list of such symptoms.Have a look
- Opening of new icons on your Desktop
- Your computer is taking more time to Boot than usual.
- If no program is running but still the transfer lights are constantly blinking.
- If a program starts crashing frequently which you used to use often.
- A program is frequently asking access to your firewall.
- Check your Files and Folders,If some changes are noticed than there is a good chance of Virus attack.
- New software installed on your computer without your knowledge.
- Excessive CPU or Memory utilization.
- Firewall is disabled or anti virus is uninstalled.
- Browser and Computer hangs up repeatedly.
- Your Browser’s home page or default search is changed to other site.
- Your Anti-Virus is giving repeated notification or icons turns red.
- If your hard drive light is constantly blinking, or you can hear the hard drive working even if no program is being runned by you.
- You are denied to access Task manager.
Above were some examples of symptoms to Identify Virus and Malware on Your Computer.There may be other sign that you may see on your computer.You need to observe your computer while running it and if you see or observe anything unusual then there are chances of Malware attack.
This was the guide on How To Identify Virus and Malware on Your Computer.I hope this Article will help to get an idea about different malware and there symptoms. If you find this article was helpful to you,then please share it with your family,friends on Facebook,Twitter,Google Plus,etc.Do SUBSCRIBE us or Follow us on Facebook for more such interesting topics and reviews on latest products and apps.
Please let us know in what ways this article was helpful to you by commenting below.