USB Drives are meant to transfer data from one Computer to other.They are readily connected to many devices for the purpose but this practice makes them more vulnerable to get infected and one of the infection is named as Autorun.inf.If this virus is present in your USB Drive or computer hard disk then you might be thinking to Remove Autorun.inf Virus from Pen Drive and Hard Disk by either deleting it manually or by your anti-virus program but these methods are temporary as this virus has a tendency to regenerate itself.Autorun virus as the name suggests it uses the Autorun.inf feature of Windows OS which is used to launch programs stored in removable media like DVDs,USB Drives,etc.Now you will be thinking that How to Remove Autorun.inf Virus from Pen Drive and Hard Disk because it will come again but there is nothing to worry about as you are at the right place this article will help you step by step to Remove Autorun.inf Virus from Pen Drive and Hard Disk.But before we proceed let’s get a brief introduction about this Virus and it’s harms.
If you insert your infected USB Drive to any computer it will start executing to copy itself and infect the computer also by making multiple copies of the autorun.inf and .exe files on every drive of your computer.This will create dump files and eventually will affect your computer performance.These virus are not detected by your antivirus and are programmed to connect to websites(malicious) to install key logger on your system and gather all your private information like passwords,account number,etc.Hence this make it very necessary to Remove Autorun.inf Virus from Pen Drive and Hard Disk as soon as they are detected.
How to Remove Autorun.inf Virus from Pen Drive and Hard Disk:Complete Guide
Remove Autorun.inf Virus from Pen Drive and Hard Disk using Command Prompt
1. Type cmd (in start or winkey+R) and press enter
2. Now type cd\ to open the root directory.
3. Now type atttrib -h -r -s autorun.inf and press enter.
4. Type del autorun.inf and press enter.
5. If you have a d drive: type d: and press enter for d: drive partition.Now repeat the steps 3 and 4.Repeat this step for other hard disk partition and USB plugged in.
Restart your computer immediately to let the change come into effect and do not open any drives during the process or before restarting.
Remove Autorun.inf Virus from Pen Drive and Hard Disk using Registry Editor
You can also use this method to Remove Autorun.inf Virus from Pen Drive and Hard Disk
1.Open My Computer and Go to Folder and search options
2.A new window will pop-up.Select View tab and tick the Show hidden files and folders and also uncheck
the Hide protected Operating system file.
3. Click OK.
4. Now right click and select Explore on the desired drive(Don’t double click it)
Delete autorun.inf and MS32DLL.dll.vbs or MS32DLL.dll (These file should be deleted permanently also from recycle bin) for all drive including the peripheral storage device.
5. Now go to C:\WINDOWS or C:/Windows/System32 to delete MS32DLL.dll.vbs or MS32DLL.dll
6. Open Registry editor by typing regedit in the start box.
7. Navigate to the following address
8. Delete MS32dll entry present in the right pane.
9. Now navigate to the address given below
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Internet Explorer
Delete “Hacked by Godzilla” entry in the right pane and close the Registry Editor window.
Open Group Policy Editor by typing gpedit.msc
10. Go to User Configuration>Administrative Templates>System and Enable Turn off display for all drives in the right pane.
11. Type msconfig in the start menu to open System Configuration Utility Window.
12. Select startup tab and uncheck MS32DLL and click Ok and do not restart your computer at this moment.
13. UNDO the steps 1,2,3 discussed above in this method
Delete all file in recycle bin to prevent any possibility of MS322DLL.dll.vbs lying there.
Restart your computer immediately after removing autorun file from each drive and this method will succesfully Remove Autorun.inf Virus from Pen Drive and Hard Disk.
Tips to Remove Autorun.inf Virus from Pen Drive and Hard Disk.
If you don’t want to mess up with your system settings then there are many free softwares available on internet which can easily Remove Autorun.inf Virus from Pen Drive and Hard Disk you can easily find one by searching it on Google.
TRICK: This is a simple trick which will replace the Autorun.inf virus from your USB Drive by using notepad.Open Notepad(It should be blank) and save it as Autorun.Inf.Now paste this file in the desired USB Drive to replace the previous Autorun.inf Virus file.