There are various questions about this topic “How To Connect Two Computers For Data Transfer Using Lan Cable” and most of the people provide you with rubbish answers like use a pendrive or an external hard disk ,Some would also suggest to use email or online drive to accomplish the task at hand .But ,when you have to transfer a very large amount of data from a laptop to another or from laptop to desktop ,This method at hand is by far the best and the speed of transfer is as good as you can think of.
How To Connect Two Computers For Data Transfer Using Lan Cable
There are various situations when you need to transfer the data from one pc to another and that too in bulk .If you transfer it to your external hard drive ,You will eventually have to copy the necessary files into your pc ,but this is this case you can directly copy/paste the data from any drive of pc to any drive of your laptop using Lan Cable with ease .
This method has various advantages over any traditional method that comes to your mind like dat transfer using a pendrive or hard disk or Cloud .
Advantages of using Lan Cable In Order to Connect Two Computers For Data Transfer Using Lan Cable
- High speed data transfer Based on the port you are connecting into .
- There is no need for you to connect to internet for data exchange .
- You can play games between the two pc’s using the same network socket .
- To need to use routers if you are thinking it .
- Smooth data transfer between the computers with copier of you choice like teracopy .
- The transfer speed may vary from 10~36 Mbps .
Method 1 : Connect Two Computers For Data Transfer Using Lan Cable
This procedure is quite detailed if you ask me ,the procedure needs to be performed on both the ends ie.On both the pc’s between which the connection is being made .
You can start with any of the Computer and perform this simple procedure .(For windows 7 /8/8.1 users only )
On Computer A
- Goto control panel (view by : Category)<<Click on Network & Internet <<Network & Sharing center<<Change adapter settings<<Double click on Ethernet
- Now a pop box would appear ,scroll down ,You will find Internet Protocol Version 4 (Tcp/IPv4) .
- Double click on IPv4 address and enter the following parameters into the box as shown in the image 1 .
- Save the settings .Click on ok and apply .
On Computer B
- Repeat the same procedure on the other computer ,The only difference being (Interchange the Ip address with the gateway address in this case).
- Restart both the pc’s .
- You can see that both the pc’s are connected to each other in the network .(Control panel<Network & Sharing center<Change adapter settings )
In both the pc’s you will see that they are connected however they may share limited connectivity but it will just okay for data transfer .
- Now Create a homegroup on one pc and join the same homegroup from another .
- (Goto control panel <<Network & Internet << homegroup <<Create a homegroup ).
- In other pc ,you will see that the Homegroup already exists on the network and there is a option available for Join .Type the password created on the pc A and join the homegroup .
- Now share the files or drives and access them on the network .
Now you can easily access the shared drives or folder on the shared Network .Connect Two Computers For Data Transfer Using Lan Cable ,you can use any standard Lan cable for this purpose .
If You have any doubts or query regarding this method .Then share it with us by commenting your query below .If you liked the trick “Connect Two Computers For Data Transfer Using Lan Cable – Windows xp/7/8/8.1″ .Then share it with your friends on Facebook,Twitter and Google Plus Or subscribe us !!
Note :- Remove the ip address manually once the task is done, for resuming your internet since there can be Ip conflict .
Thank You 🙂