Switch/Change Mobile Network From 2G to 3G In Android : In earlier versions of android the settings were simply available to change the mobile network from 2g to 3g even if the Network does not support the 3g band .In other words ,you can access the the 3g network band on the same carrier irrespective of the fact that the connection is providing you 3g speed or not .
This article covers the following contexts about Mobile Network .
- change mobile network from 2g to 3g in android smartphone .
- switching the Mobile network from Gsm to Wcdma android code (*#*#4636#*#*).
- Android app for switching from 2g to 3g .
What is the difference Between Wcdma and Gsm /Edge Mode ?
- Wcdma is the reserved band channel for only higher bandwidth mode such as 3G which can further be divided into HSPA and HSPA+ Network modes .
- However Edge is the advanced version of 2G and can be increase to 2.5 times the speed of GPRS .
How To Switch/Change Mobile Network From 2G to 3G In Android
Now there are two methods using which you can change the mobile network in any android device regardless of the carrier you are using and whether the carrier supports the 3G band or not .
Method 1 : Using USSD Android code For Changing Mobile Network To 3G.In this method you can switch the mobile network from Gsm to Wcdma without using any Android app .
- Enter the following code into your dialpad /
- A testing panel will open immediately ,then tap on Phone information .You can change the preferred Mobile network from here immediately .
Note :- The change in network will be effective as soon as you change the network.If the signal are not present ,revert back to the GSM mode .If your device is dual sim ,then the default or preferred sim type’s network will be changed .
Method 2 : Android app for switching from 2g to 3g (Using network android app)
Also Read :- How to Install Google Play Store manually
There are various android apps designed for the specific purpose to access the specific android functions like camera testing.One of these apps that is used to change the mobile network from 2g to 3g in Android is Network .It let’s you browse the same testing panel without using any code to do so .
- Download and install Network app for changing the Mobile Network from 2g to 3g and to edge or Gprs .
- The Network app is relatively very low size 18 Kb approximately and using this app you can directly access the Phone info .
Method 3 : Android app for switching from 2g to 3g (Switch Network Type 2G / 3G App)
- Download and install Switch Network Type 2G / 3G App .
- Open the app to change the network type from 2g to 3g in your android smartphone .
Thanks for reading.Hope this brief article provides you some solid info about changing the mobile network from 2g to 3g instantly.
If you liked the article “How To Switch/Change Mobile Network From 2G to 3G In Android “,Then share it with your friends on Facebook,Twitter and Google Plus or prefer subscribing us !